PRINCIPLES OF MANUAL HANDLING / FOUNDATION CERTIFICATE IN MANUAL HANDLING
½ day course – Certificate valid for 3 years
Did you know that incorrect manual handling is one of the most common causes of injury at work?
This qualification is designed to cover the basic principles of manual handling.
This theory-based qualification is ideal for employees as it provides them with an awareness of safe manual handling practises and risks of unsafe manual handling.
Covered in just half a day this course is an ideal way reduce the risk of workplace manual handling injuries, whilst minimising disruption to your organisations day to day activities.
What is Covered?
- Common manual handling injuries
- Manual Handling Laws
- Responsibilities of Employers and Employees
- Risk Assessments
- Safe Movement Principles associated with Manual Handling, including the body’s:
- • Musculoskeletal System
- • Centre of Gravity
- • Lever System
- Theory of Safe Manual Handling Principles, including:
- • Preparing for a lift
- • Solo-lifting, carrying and lowering an object
- • Team Manual Handling
- Manual Handling Equipment
- • Types of Manual Handling Aids and Equipment
- • Maintenance and Requirements for Testing
Interested? Get in touch for more information