Principles of COSHH
½ day course – Refresher training recommended every 3 years
This qualification is specifically designed to provide candidates with a basic knowledge of COSHH regulations and requirements.
This course is suitable for all employees and ideal for those who work in environments with hazardous substances such as; healthcare, manufacturing, cleaning, transport, utilities, construction and office environments.
Candidates will learn about the legal requirements relating to hazardous substances, how risk assessments contribute to the safe use of hazardous substances as well as the precautions and procedures required to ensure that the risks associated with hazardous substances are properly controlled.
- Legal Requirements relating to hazardous substances in the workplace:
- • Employer Duties
- • Employee Duties
- • Consequences for non-compliance
- • Communicating Safety Information
- The different forms that hazardous substances can take
- Effects that may arise after exposure to hazardous substances
- The different routes that hazardous substances can enter the body
- How risk assessments reduce accidents and ill-health at work
- The five step process of risk assessment
- The control hierarchy in relation to the safe use, handling, transporting, storage and disposal of substances hazardous to health
- Information to refer to when identifying and using hazardous substances
- Procedures for dealing with an incident involving hazardous substances
Interested? Get in touch for more information